Background

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Double Sided Pedestal Frames

Here are a couple of double sided pedestal frames I just recently completed. I came across this neat idea on the Mud Pie Studio Blog. I took two 5" x 7" frames, painted them, glued them together and then glued them to a painted wood candlestick. Below are some photos of how they turned out.

Pedestal frame #1 - On this pedestal frame I made both sides magnetic. Here is a photo of the magnetic chalkboard side. I thought it needed a little bit more dimension, so I added flowers made from old book pages and added color using color wash. I also made a magnetic chalk holder, so it would always be close.

Here is a photo of the other side of the pedestal frame #1. I added some fun paper, to metal, placed it on the inside of this frame, and made magnets out of colored glass beads. This would make a great recipe cards holder for the kitchen or an easy way to display photos and notes.

Pedestal frame #2 - On this pedestal frame used black crackle paint and created a framed art piece for the inside of one of the frames and a magnetic chalkboard for the other side. Here is a photo of the framed art piece I did. The idea came from Donna Downey's Blog. I enjoy using water color crayons, stamps, and embossing powder, so this was a lot of fun to make. I added the saying "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back & realize they were the Big things."

Here is a photo of the magnetic chalkboard side of pedestal frame #2. It is pretty much the same as frame#1. I really like how both of these turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment