Background

Friday, March 16, 2012

"A Bird" Mixed Media Framed Art

I completed my second Spring art piece! My inspiration for this piece came from a photo, in an old Better Homes and Gardens magazine that I was thumbing through the other day. The photo was of a robin standing on the side of a blue birdbath with cherry blossom branches laying inside and below is how my piece turned out!

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song", is such a neat Chinese proverb. This dark stained wood frame is, 16 1/4" wide x 18 1/4" tall. This piece is for sale for: $60. Email me if you would like to purchase it. To see other items I have for sale visit my Facebook page at: Dippity Dot Creations - Items for Sale

I decided to use a Cardinal inside the birdbath, because that is one of my favorite birds. We have a couple that frequent our backyard and they are so fascinating to watch and beautiful to listen to. The Cardinal is cut from kraft and glittery red paper. I added the eye, beak, and wings with black Stickles.

I cut the birdbath out of chipboard and added wrinkled tissue paper as well as a variety of blue and black inks to get the look I was going for. It is hard to see in the photos, but inside the birdbath I used Glossy Accents, which gives the look of water. I added branches that had buds and added tissue paper blossoms for more color and dimension.

Butterflies are another beautiful sign of Spring, so I added a couple of butterflies and embellished them with Stickles, to add a little extra bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment