Background

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring has arrived!

This week is Spring Break around here and I have been able to make the best of it, in spite of my whole family taking turns getting the flu. I have enjoyed staying up late, while everyone is sleeping, and completing projects on my list as well as starting new ones. Below are some photos of a few Spring decor items. (FYI - I have just started working on the 4-pane window displayed in this picture, so if you are interested in it and have color preferences, cork board vs. chalkboard, etc., be sure to send me an email and I will make it the way you want it!)

"You are loved always" frame
I came across the "you are loved always" saying, on a Valentine themed project, and thought how fitting it would be to use with an image of the cross. I designed the saying the way I wanted it on the computer, then took some scrapbook paper and printed it off onto it. I then used my Cricut to cut out the cross and flowers. A simple and fun project. Give it a try or if you would like to order one, email me at: judesigns@hotmail.com.

Colorful Magnetic Tray - $25
This next project was fun, but a little more time consuming, due to the wet/damp weather we are having this week. I took a silver tray and spray painted it, which the paint doesn't seem to want to dry, even though the paint can says "quick drying". Like I mentioned earlier, I am sure it is because of the damp weather. I just don't have a lot of patience when it come to waiting for things to dry, whether it is paint or glue. :) I used white, yellow, and hot pink fabric and felt flowers for color in the lower right corner of the tray and added the saying "Life is Beauty filled" with vinyl along the top. This also comes with two button magnets (not pictures, because the glue was still drying and I was in a hurry to get the photos taken, before taking everything to the Studio). This magnetic tray will brighten any spot of your home and will provide a cheerful way to display photos and notes.

"Bloom" banner- $15
Here is a banner I made by layering chipboard on the bottom, old hymn book pages glued onto the chipboard, and then burlap glued on over that. I pulled and cut away some of the burlap, so you can see portions of the music paper from behind. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the word "bloom", added a couple of butterflies, and fabric flowers for color. I have it displayed on my newly painted chest at the Studio! Doesn't the chests look lots better now?! Once the paint is completely dry, I hope to fill it with more fun things to sell. :)

Bottle Cap Necklaces & Key Chains - starting at $6
This last photo is a close up of a couple bottle cap necklaces and a key chain I recently made. I didn't have any left in my inventory, so I decided I needed to make more. I also make square glass pendant necklaces and Scrabble piece necklaces. All of which can be custom made with a name, photo, initial, etc. Just drop a note to: judesigns@hotmail.com to place an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment