Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Revamped Cork Board

After being revamped...
Before being revamped...
Here is a cork board I just finished revamping. I loved the design of the board the minute I saw it, but It has taken me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it. With the weather finally cooling down outside, giving the flowers a chance to bloom, the butterflies have come out to play and that was finally the inspiration I needed for this piece. The frame is painted in an antiqued turquoise color. The butterflies are made out of old hymn book and book pages and attached to a wire running up the side. The yellow flower is made from fabric and has pearls nestled in the middle. At the top I used the saying "Follow your dreams never let them slip away". At the bottom I used a couple of old drawer handles, adding the possibility to hang keys or other items. This is on sale for $59. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me at: judesigns@hotmail.com. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment