Background

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book Clocks

I think I have mentioned this before, but I really like clocks. I especially like re-purposing items and turning them into clocks. Here is a project I have been wanting to make for awhile and I finally finished my first one. It is a "Book Clock". I found an old book and distressed it, because I just didn't think it was distressed enough, added a clock mechanism to the inside, and cut a square into the pages of the book so that the mechanism doesn't show. I then added a favorite saying of mine from Alfred Binet "Don't count every hour in the day. Make every hour in the day count."

This would make a great decorative piece for any shelf, end table, or coffee table. It measures 5 1/2"W x 7 1/2"H and is about 1 1/2" thick. This one is for sale for $25. Please email me at judesigns@hotmail.com with any questions or if you would like to purchase this clock, or have me custom make one for you.

Here is another I made with a saying from Pericles "Time is the wisest counselor of all."

No comments:

Post a Comment