Background

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reclaimed Chalk/Corkboard


Here is another one of my fun finds. I came across this chalk/corkboard that needed a little TLC, so I removed the cheap hardware, sanded it down, painted it, and had fun using the mixed media technique using paper, inks, paints, and metal embellishments. I used chalk paint on a piece of metal and glued it over the old chalkboard, added a new piece of corkboard to the corkboard side and made magnets and push pins out of bottlecaps. It has a tray to hold chalk, pens, and extra magnets and/or push pins and would be a fun and practical piece for any wall of the house. It is on sale for $49. Just send me an email at: judesigns@hotmail.com if you have any questions or would like to purchase this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment