Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kitchen Series - Weekly Menu Boards

During the month of March I have been posting great tools and items for the Kitchen on my facebook page, Dippity Dot Creations, and wanted to share them here as well.

One item/tool my family and I use on a daily basis is a Menu Board. We discovered a few years ago that by making a two week menu and shopping only twice a month for the items needed to make these meals that we were saving time and money. There are a variety of ways to post and display your weekly menu, from ones you can hang or use on your fridge if you have a kitchen with minimal counter space to ones that can set on your counter.

Below are a few ways in which I have upcycled items and turned them into Menu Boards.  Enjoy!  Feel free to email me at: judesigns@hotmail.com with questions or to place an order.  Also be sure to stop by my facebook page at: Dippity Dot Creations to see other ideas and items available for sale.


 
The Menu Board above was made from an upcycled metal book stand.  I spray painted it black, then painted the front with chalkboard paint, used vinyl for the "Menu" and days of the week, and finished it off with a distressed look.  I think this is great, because even for those of you who do not like using chalk, paper strips can be made and magnets used to attach them to this Weekly Menu Board.

This next Menu Board is a dry erase style.  I used a picture frame with easel and added designer paper to the inside.  I cut the word "Menu" and the letters for the days of the week out of brown paper and attached them to the designer paper inside the frame.  The glass on the frame serves as a dry erase board, making it easy to display and change your weekly menu.

For those kitchens that do not have a lot of counter space, a large magnet, like the one in the photo above, works great.  I use one like this in my kitchen and love it.  I digitally designed it and then ordered it on a magnet from Vista Print.  The material used works great to use as a dry erase Menu Board. 

I know that there are many other great ideas out there, so if you have one you would like to share, I would love to see it!   
 



No comments:

Post a Comment