Background

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Repurposed old screen door

I came across this old screen door and decided to turn it into a Memory/Story Board for my Dining Room. I really liked that there were two different sized openings. I added chicken wire in the larger opening, to allow many photos to be hung, and attached burlap in the smaller opening (love burlap!). Antique hardware is a favorite of mine. I came across some neat door knobs and plates so I added one of them to this board as well as a few other rustic accents. My family and I are really enjoying this new display. Currently we are displaying photos that were taken on our recent 20th wedding anniversary trip to Hawaii.

In the smaller section, I wanted to use the saying "Christ is the center of our home, a guest at every meal, a silent listener to every conversation", so I decided to frame it between three frames I found at a local thrift store. I really liked the design on the frames, so I painted and distressed them and added tea cup graphics from one of my favorite websites - The Graphics Fairy, along with the saying and hung them together with twine. I think it turned out neat and unique. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment