Background

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Frame Wall

I like to re-arrange decor in order to change things up a bit for the new year. A decorating trend that has caught my fancy lately is the wall of frames. I have seen this decorating style used all over the place and I really like how it looks. I have three walls in my front dining room that need something on them and I decided that one of them is getting a frame make-over. I started shopping around at my local thrift stores for unique and different sized and shaped frames a couple of months ago and felt like I had enough of an array to start!

I laid all of my frames on the floor trying to figure out how I wanted to hang them. This is a picture taken before redoing any of the frames. Don't you like the sideways bull fighting picture?

I painted and distressed the frames and then started hanging them on the wall. Don't they look better? I ended up not liking the way I had them arranged on the floor, so I did a little re-arranging.

Once I was happy with the arrangement, I started figuring out what, if anything, I wanted to put inside of the frames. Here is the arrangement that I ended up with.

The bull fighting picture is now a beautiful frame with a french saying. I did a little research to see if I could find an English interpretation, and what I found out was that this is some kind of advertisement for chocolate and it says something to the effect of eat chocolate for lunch. I figured that is very fitting for my home as I believe that life is short and you should eat dessert first. ;) The round silver tray I turned into a chalkboard and in the bottom frame I used vinyl to put the year my hubby and I got married.

I am pretty happy with the way the wall has turned out so far. Now to tackle the other two walls!

Another vinyl project that I just finished is this platter that I have displayed on my kitchen counter. I think it will be fun for us to be able to leave notes or encouraging words to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment