Background

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Memory Jar

Happy New Year! Life at times moves so fast and since we are unable to slow it down, I love discovering ways to cherish the memories. One blog I enjoy following is Teresa Collins. She just recently shared a wonderful idea of using a memory jar to help cherish and record all of the years memories. I was so excited about this idea that I got started on one for my family right away. With a little bit of time, glue, fabric, vinyl, paper, and pen it is complete.

Here is what I did...

I had picked up this jar at a thrift store (love thrifty finds)a few months back and it was just waiting for me to beautify it and bring it to life. :)

I cleaned off the labels and stickers (Goo Gone works wonders!) and decided I wanted to dress it up a bit with an old clear glass knob that I found junk'in along the way.

Once the glue was dry, I started tearing fabric and cutting ribbon and added it around the knob to dress up the top a bit more.

I felt like the front of the jar needed something too, so I created a design with vinyl to add to the front that says "memories". This will also hopefully help remind my family of the purpose of the jar. :) I had picked up the notepad on one of my trips to Michael's dollar spot. It was a bit too wide to fit into the jar, so I cut it down a bit.

Now it is ready for 2013 memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment