Background

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Magnetic Word Game Board


Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. Time goes by quickly when you are having fun. :) Several months ago, I came across this word game board idea and have been wanting to make it every since. My family and I enjoy playing games, especially word games! Once I found the perfect sized frame, I was ready to start. It came together pretty quickly too.

The frame was gold, so I painted it black and distressed it. I then cut a piece of ply wood to fit inside of the frame, attached metal to it and decoupaged old dictionary for the background. For the game letters I attached magnets to the back of Scrabble pieces, added two saw tooth hangers and voila, it was ready to hang. Great to have in an area, where family spends a lot of time, to play ongoing word games, leave messages or encouraging notes!

Feel free to check out all of the other projects posted on my blog and then be sure to stop by my facebook page at Dippity Dot Creations to keep up with what I am currently working on and check out my Items for Sale album too.

No comments:

Post a Comment