Background

Monday, August 6, 2012

Birdnest Centerpiece


I really, really, really like Pinterest.com for inspiration! How about you? I have a formal dining room table and a table in our kitchen, so I am always looking for fun and inexpensive centerpiece ideas. As I was looking through Pinterest, I came across a three tiered centerpiece that was decorated with bird nests. I loved the look of it, so I ran with the inspiration and this is what I came up with...

I had a three tiered plate stand that used to hold fruit on our kitchen counter and I was excited to get to use it again. I wanted the centerpiece to be in creams, whites, and greens, so I visited a local thrift store and found some very pretty cream plates for $.29 cents each and a cheese plate with dome for $1.99! I purchased the nests, plastic bird eggs, sprays, and balls from Hobby Lobby and Michaels when they were 50% off and the small grapevine wreath from Dollar Tree. I really like the way this looks on our front room dining table and am even happier that I spent less than $15!!

No comments:

Post a Comment