Background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Wood Creations

I have been working with wood a lot lately and thought I would share some of the things I've finished. Don't forget you can follow me on Facebook at: Dippity Dot Creations. Have questions? Email me at: judesigns@hotmail.com.

Here are photos of a couple of wood wreath & sign stands. This first one is made from an old porch end baluster. Painted in a distressed black and has an antique door knob and plate attached to the front for hanging and displaying signs or wreaths indoors or out. The sign is made from wood off an old wood crate. I found the neat image of the bird and the frame I used around "Welcome" from The Graphics Fairy.

This stand is also made from an old baluster, is painted white and I used a rustic metal hanger to display signs and wreaths. The sign is hand painted and I used chalk board paint on the back, so it has a dual purpose.

Here is a counter top stand I made from an old wood spindle and added an old window latch to display signs. The sign pictured here is a metal sign, with decorative paper added to one side for displaying notes and photos and chalk board paint added to the other side so it can be used as a magnetic chalk board.

Here is another counter top stand that I painted black and added a silver metal hook. The sign is wood that I painted and decoupaged the birds and the saying onto. The image of the birds I found at one of my favorite sites: The Graphics Fairy.

Mixed media is such a fun process. I usually come up with some sort of layout, for the project I am working on, but a lot of the time the end result isn't the way I had envisioned it, it is usually better! That is probably why I like this technique so much. :) Below is a photo of a personalized wood sign I made, using the mixed media process.

No comments:

Post a Comment