Background

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reclamation!

Lately I have enjoyed shopping at our local DAV and finding all sorts of items to bring home and turn into my reclaiming projects! Here are some photos of items I found and have reclaimed recently. Keep checking back as I will post more as I complete them. Would you like for me to post tutorials? Let me know by commenting below or sending an email to judesigns@hotmail.com, if you would like for me to post step by step instructions with pictures on what I did and how YOU can do this too! :)

I just recently moved into a working art gallery called, Studio B, and was needing some furniture to help store and display my art work, so here were a couple of things I found at our local DAV that have come in very handy.

This first one is a large metal plate that I fell in love with the minute I saw it. My husband doesn't like the color and offered to paint it for me, but I really like it just the way it is! As I was setting up at my new studio one evening I noticed that there weren't any clocks (and I LOVE clocks), so I decided to turn this plate into a clock and hang it in my studio space. Here are some before and after photos:






This next find was very exciting for me. A small, 7 drawer desk that is the perfect size for my studio space! It wasn't in too bad of shape, was all wood, and the best part is it was only $8!! It is still a work in progress as I have some distressing and vinyl to add to it, but I have already started using it and thought I would show you what it looks like as of now. Here are some before photos (sorry for the blurry photo. I took it with my phone and didn't realize that it was that blurry):




Here are some photos of what it looks like now. I just love the color! And the screen door you see behind it is another find that I got for free! Cleaned it up, found a small sample of green paint for $1 at Lowe's, and painted it. It has come in handy to hang my plaques from!


Since you can see both sides of the desk, in my studio space, I decided to utilize the back of the desk by adding metal to both sides (this photo only shows it on one side), so I will have a place to display the magnets I make. I will be finishing this off by adding vinyl.


Here is a photo of how the clock, desk, and door look in my studio space. Now to find a couple of wood shelving units. If I don't find some soon, I may just make my own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment