Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Distressed/Crackled Framed Art Piece

Ok, so you know how I told you in an earlier post that I have really been having fun reclaiming? Well, here is a frame that I picked up to reclaim. Isn't it purdy? Not really, whatever was used on the glass to make it look like stain glass was flaking off, but I really liked the size.
Here are a couple of photos of the completed project. The size of this frame is: 11.5"W x 23.5"H and is painted black, distressed, and crackled. It is hard to see in the photos, but I used paper that looks like old letters and layered them to create the background. The saying is by Claude Bissell "Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than other think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible." and is on Kraft color paper. I also added fabric flowers in the bottom right hand corner. The price of this art piece is: $59. You can see it in person along with my other completed and in progress art pieces every Thursday from 4pm-7pm and on the 2nd Saturday of the month from 10am-3pm at Studio B, 115 N. Santa Fe, Salina, KS or you can make an appointment by emailing me.
Keep checking back as I have more projects soon to be completed. Here are a couple of other finds that I am working on and will post completed pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment