Background

Monday, July 11, 2011

New kitchen countertops

I haven't had a lot of time lately for paper crafting, but instead have been working on house renovation projects. I am pretty tickled at how they turned out, so I thought I would share them with you.

My first project was updating our kitchen. We had a friend, who is a contractor, come in and do a mini-remodel for us. The kitchen was dark, so we had more lighting installed, enlarged the space for the fridge and added new tile. After getting a quote on how much it would be to get new countertops, I decided I would try my hand at something that I have seen all over the internet, Faux Granite Countertop Painting. I did some research and decided on the Giani kit. It was a pretty simple process until the top coat. I messed up in an area and had to sand it down and redo which slowed the process down, but mainly because I was dragging my feet to put another top coat on, because I really didn't want to mess it up again. It is not perfect, but the end result looks pretty good.

Here are some photos:

Kitchen before remodel (white tile, appliance and no lighting):



Kitchen after the remodel (new appliances, tile and lighting):



Kitchen countertops before:


Countertops during the process:



Completed countertops. Love how it looks with the new tile!

No comments:

Post a Comment