Background

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Creating with Wood

I enjoy using power tools and what better way to get the chance to use them than working with wood! Here is a sneak peek of a new line I am working on to easily display and change out photos, notes, recipe cards, and more. These wood holders start at $20. Email me at: judesigns@hotmail.com if you would like to purchase one for yourself or as a gift.


Here is a photo of when I started assembling these holders.



Once they were assembled I spray painted them.



I really like the shabby chic look, so once the paint was dry I distressed them with sand paper and decided how I was going to decorate them. Some I added a metal clip to, this one I added paper and then finished it with burlap flowers, as you will see in the following photo.






I am having fun using burlap! This one has a metal plate on the front covered with burlap, so it is magnetic. Here is a photo to show how fun it is to use as a photo holder.



And here is a photo to show how easily it can be used as a recipe card holder. I am just loving these wood holders and know you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment